I’ll be taking advantage of our glorious Spring weather and heading over to the Fourways Farmer’s Market this weekend. Here are my five fab reasons to go:
1. It’s a great Sunday morning outing for the whole family – and it’s outdoors in a pretty location. You can’t ask for much more in Jozi.
2. It’s a way for your kids to experience fresh produce sold by local suppliers and help choose the fruit, veggies and food products they will eat later. If your kids, like mine, are fussy eaters, this is a great introduction to new food.
3. The Sand Art stand is tons of fun for littlies – and the team who man the stall will watch your kids while you browse in peace.
4. You’ll be supporting independent local producers – and finding some amazing new products along the way.
5. It’s FUN. It’s absolutely the antithesis of the mall, you can chat to the producers and suppliers, pick up some delish ingredients and ready-prepared food and then have a picnic on the hay bales under the trees while your kids play in the playground.
Photo credits: http://www.ffmarket.co.za/
Open every Sunday from 9am to 3pm
Earth Outdoor Living Nursery c/o William Nicol Drive and Monte Casino Boulevard
Fourways – Johannesburg, Gauteng – South Africa.
[ t ] +27 11 465 5276