If your little one enjoyed Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, he’ll love the yummy ‘Foodimal’ recipes we’ll be featuring here for the next couple of days!
Today’s recipe is the ‘Tacodile’. The Tacodile is a taco beast made with jagged onion teeth, sour cream saliva, olive eye, and pepper legs and tail.
Here’s how to make it:
*This recipe makes one Tacodile
- 2 large hard taco shells
- 2 tablespoons refried beans
- ½ cup cooked mince
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 thick slice of white onion, cut into small triangles and squares
- 1 black olive slice
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 red mini peppers
- Cook the taco shells according to the package instructions.
- Spread the refried beans inside the top and bottom part of one taco shell. This will be to hold the onions in place for the teeth.
- Fill the taco shell with ¼ cup cooked mince and top with ½ cup shredded lettuce and ½ of the tomatoes. Stick onions into the refried beans to form the Tacodile teeth.
- Place the sour cream in a pastry bag or plastic sandwich bag with the end cut off and squirt sour cream in-between the onion teeth.
- Spread a small amount of refried beans on top of the taco shell and stick the olive slice in to form the eye. This will complete the formation of the Tacodile face.
- Fill the second taco shell with the rest of the mince, shredded lettuce and tomatoes. This forms the Tacodile body.
- Create the complete Tacodile by propping the Tacodile face, lying flat, on a folded paper napkin.
- Place the taco body behind the face, holding it up with two red mini peppers on each side. These act as the two back legs.
- Place the green poblano pepper in the back of the taco body for the tail. Put the last two peppers on the sides of the face of the taco for the two front legs.
Send pictures of your attempts to firstname.lastname@example.org! We’d love to show them off on our blog!